Unknown thing!! Please help!

Alina28

Songster
Dec 28, 2017
One of my white leghorn rooseter had some sort black spines or bugs like thing on his wattle . His wattle also develops sort of air buubles on it .Although he is perfectly fine and active. What is it. Can anyone help me out and tell a cure?

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_162157.JPG
    IMG_20181119_162157.JPG
    405.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20181119_160943.jpg
    IMG_20181119_160943.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20181119_161025.jpg
    IMG_20181119_161025.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20181119_161030.jpg
    IMG_20181119_161030.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 19
The black dots look like fly bites or possibly fowl pox, a virus caused by mosquitoes. It goes away in a few weeks. If it is fly bites, those will heal as well. Do you have a lot of insects in your coop area right now?

Are they bugs or is it debris that is getting into the nooks and crannies of his earlobes and wattles?
I think I may see some under his eye as well.
What do they look like when you pick them of?

If it is a bug, then you can treat with a permethrin based poultry spray or dust. If it's like a sticktight flea, then you can smother those with a little dab of vaseline, then pick them off with tweezers.
As for the air bubbles, not sure what causes those, but I would leave them alone.
http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/09e03a06.pdf

Great article on ears and lobes Wyorp Rock. Also, good suggestion to look for stick tight fleas—I hadn’t thought of that being the cause of the dots. Here is a picture of what those can look like.

upload_2018-11-19_8-50-29.jpeg

Are they bugs or is it debris that is getting into the nooks and crannies of his earlobes and wattles?
I think I may see some under his eye as well.
What do they look like when you pick them of?

If it is a bug, then you can treat with a permethrin based poultry spray or dust. If it's like a sticktight flea, then you can smother those with a little dab of vaseline, then pick them off with tweezers.
As for the air bubbles, not sure what causes those, but I would leave them alone.
http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/09e03a06.pdf

They didn't move when i took them out so i don't think they are bugs but it definitely seems like they are embedded in his skin.

But i am also worried about those air bubbles cause they kind of leave an injury on him.

The black dots look like fly bites or possibly fowl pox, a virus caused by mosquitoes. It goes away in a few weeks. If it is fly bites, those will heal as well. Do you have a lot of insects in your coop area right now?

No the coop is all clean and tight .I don't think it is fowl pox cause one of chick got infected once so i know what it is like. This is something different .

I am also worried about those air bubbles cause they kind of leave an injury on him .Any idea what is causing them?

Back
Top Bottom