unpopular chicken opinions??

Who said this?? I think they should.
me???? i said that???? it’s like 200 pages back but what i was basically saying is that i don’t like it when people think a bird isn’t worth anything if it’s not up to breed standards. like my chickens all come from various feed stores (yes i mean tractor supply) but that doesn’t mean that they can’t be good worthwhile birds

There’s nothing wrong with hatchery birds if you’re not breeding towards the SOP.
I am not but I am breeding in general. I somewhat see the point of distinctive breeds and not just generic chickens (someone mentioned hatchery birds tend towards the same generic shape rather than being breed standard) from a genetics stand point because I love genetics but I also see value in mixed breeds or more midline chickens because they should - in theory - have fewer health problems

I tend to see them as pets first, and 'tokens of value' last, egg providers, when I am good to them. Some of the most loveable pets I have had have been cast off's or mutts. Many times I see the highly bred / pedigree stuff has many more problems than these mutts due to inbreeding etc etc. Better animal is a highly relative term.
Aaron

Has it been said? walnut combs (looking at you silkies ) look like ugly little brains. yuck
Not all walnut combs are like silkie combs.
58291CDB-DBF7-4554-B982-D2E675ED2994.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom