unpopular chicken opinions??

Maybe that's not such an unpopular opinion. I'm also not a fan of solid buff chickens. :p Solid white also falls into that category for me. They need something to break up that color, whether it be simple and stately like buff Columbian, or more complex like the birds posted. Otherwise, it's just kinda 'meh' to me.

Oddly enough, those are the only solid colors (off the top of my head) that bother me like that. :idunno

Maybe that's not such an unpopular opinion. I'm also not a fan of solid buff chickens. :p Solid white also falls into that category for me. They need something to break up that color, whether it be simple and stately like buff Columbian, or more complex like the birds posted. Otherwise, it's just kinda 'meh' to me.

Oddly enough, those are the only solid colors (off the top of my head) that bother me like that. :idunno
Same, though, when I see buff I find it actually quite repulsive. Where with solid white I just find extremely boring. Plain white on Ameraucanas and Silkies son’t bother me though. I think it’s because Ameraucanas have adorable Boofs and silkies are floofy cotton balls. Though on breeds like leghorns and stuff I just find it extremely boring. And BC you didn’t see that.

Tillie is sad
1613870813048.png

Same, though, when I see buff I find it actually quite repulsive. Where with solid white I just find extremely boring. Plain white on Ameraucanas and Silkies son’t bother me though. I think it’s because Ameraucanas have adorable Boofs and silkies are floofy cotton balls. Though on breeds like leghorns and stuff I just find it extremely boring. And BC you didn’t see that.

Agree 100%!! I ended up with a recessive white silkie-feathered Cochin bantam out of some blacks and I don't find that I mind solid white on her with her fuzzy feathering as much as I do on other birds. :love

Editing to add, also, the buff color was pretty much the entire reason why it took like a decade of chicken keeping before I even got an Orpington. :p I only got my Orp because Meyer started selling Lavenders.

😬 No offense meant, it's just my personal preference... I'm also not terribly fond of Leghorns anyway, sorry Tillie :oops:

@ColtHandorf's white clouds Orps are magnificent.

1613871254822.png

Back
Top Bottom