unpopular chicken opinions??

Oh wow! Sounds a bit like what happened to me a few months ago but it wasn't a possum.

I stuck my hand into a bag of hay so that I could grab some and give it to some mice. A FAT RAT WAS ON THE HAY THAT I PULLED OUT RIGHT BY MY HAND.
We have quail cages the mice squeeze through and let me tell you there is nothing like turning the lights on and having mice suddenly leaping in you to get out of the cage and hide

We have quail cages the mice squeeze through and let me tell you there is nothing like turning the lights on and having mice suddenly leaping in you to get out of the cage and hide
Haha! Believe me, I know what that's like! If I accidentally startle one of my mice when I have my hand in their cage then they'll run/jump away sometimes going UP MY SHIRT SLEEVE. Pulling a mouse out of your hair isn't fun.

game birds
Not quite sure if this is what you mean, but I would LOVE to have an Asil, Shamo or American Game rooster. I've been reading a lot about them and they are so fascinating. I know they might kill my standard breed chickens and that they take a whole new level of care, money, and time that I don't have, but the idea of having a big rooster I could put on a leash and walk around the neighborhood that would possibly scare/attack dogs and cats is so appealing to me for some perverse reason. I think I'd actually like a real bantam dinosaur that I could take for a walk or to a store, but a Shamo or similar bird would fit the bill 😆

Not quite sure if this is what you mean, but I would LOVE to have an Asil, Shamo or American Game rooster. I've been reading a lot about them and they are so fascinating. I know they might kill my standard breed chickens and that they take a whole new level of care, money, and time that I don't have, but the idea of having a big rooster I could put on a leash and walk around the neighborhood that would possibly scare/attack dogs and cats is so appealing to me for some perverse reason. I think I'd actually like a real bantam dinosaur that I could take for a walk or to a store, but a Shamo or similar bird would fit the bill 😆
:lau

I have a couple American game hens so there's some American game in all my following generations and I really like it. They're smart. The two full-blooded hens sleep in the trees unless it's cold and rainy and then they SLEEP ON THE FRONT PORCH on top of the storm door so they stay dry. They're brilliant. Im not sure but I also think they realize when I start stealing eggs from their nest and find somewhere else to lay. :lau

:lau

I have a couple American game hens so there's some American game in all my following generations and I really like it. They're smart. The two full-blooded hens sleep in the trees unless it's cold and rainy and then they SLEEP ON THE FRONT PORCH on top of the storm door so they stay dry. They're brilliant. Im not sure but I also think they realize when I start stealing eggs from their nest and find somewhere else to lay. :lau
Soooooo jealous! Don't get me wrong, our chickens are smart, but brilliant game birds? Yes, please! Chickens that sleep on the front porch? Sign me up! I'm so tempted to get a genius game bird that will assassinate my enemies, are motivated by more than treats, and do my kids' online math homework 😆

Are your game birds/game bird mixes ok with bantam and standard chickens?

Haha! Believe me, I know what that's like! If I accidentally startle one of my mice when I have my hand in their cage then they'll run/jump away sometimes going UP MY SHIRT SLEEVE. Pulling a mouse out of your hair isn't fun.
oh that sounds bad! the worst we’ve had is a horrible little bird that we had to spend 15+ mins chasing out with a rake, in the dead of night, much to the terror of my poor girls. Though my girl Duck did end up administering the final blow and pecking the little sparrows like thing square between the eyes so she’d get off the roost. only productive thing Duck has ever done

Back
Top Bottom