Unread threads

So the threads are up to a certain page, then when you click "mark read" it thinks you've read all of those pages.
Then the thread gains more pages, and when you go on it next, it takes you to the page that it thinks you've read last (when you clicked "mark read")

I suggest you watch the particular threads you are interested in.
Yes... If you click to watch a particular thread it will be added to your watched threads list.
When you go back to your watch threads list and see that that thread has new posts it will bring you back to the last post you read.
But not a few click the whole forum as marked read.

Well I do appreciate the suggestions but I still do not think you guys understand what I'm trying to tell you.

I know that the "mark read" feature marks all of the threads in that subforum "read". That is the reason I use it. The problem is: threads are being created, updated, or posted to while never being on the thread list for me to see, click, interact with, like some part of that feature has a bug in it. I'm guessing the time entering a subforum and the time it takes to click "mark read" has something to do with it, really not sure.

I also know what "watching a thread" is but that is not what I'm talking about. I can't watch a thread that isn't on the subforum list.

Maybe let me think for a little bit and maybe I can come up with a better way to say what I mean? Does no one else use the "mark read" feature to keep up with what is newly posted?

I understand what you're saying, and I think it would help if you made a note of what time you mark a forum as read, then let us know the moment it happens again.

Well I do appreciate the suggestions but I still do not think you guys understand what I'm trying to tell you.

I know that the "mark read" feature marks all of the threads in that subforum "read". That is the reason I use it. The problem is: threads are being created, updated, or posted to while never being on the thread list for me to see, click, interact with, like some part of that feature has a bug in it. I'm guessing the time entering a subforum and the time it takes to click "mark read" has something to do with it, really not sure.

I also know what "watching a thread" is but that is not what I'm talking about. I can't watch a thread that isn't on the subforum list.

Maybe let me think for a little bit and maybe I can come up with a better way to say what I mean? Does no one else use the "mark read" feature to keep up with what is newly posted?
I think I'm understanding what you're saying.
You're seeing threads in bold that you think you have never seen before and when you click on it it's not taking you to the beginning of the thread.

You probably just missed seeing the thread to begin with... at that point when you last clicked marked the whole forum read.

Or maybe you're not refreshing your page often.

Also do you regularly clear your browser's history and cache? This could be a problem.

I can do that. I don't know how long it would take since I would just have to notice half a thread being passed up on my end that didn't exist when I was looking at the list.

Ok let me just show you if I can. There will be a few posts in a row so please refrain from replying until I get done.

I come into the main forum to see what is happening in the world of chickens.

This is what I see. The yellow links mean it is a previously visited link (browser addon). Default in the browser is usually a purple color. Unvisited links are blue. That makes it easier for me to see where I've been. Could be a reason no one else notices since blue and purple can be hard to differentiate, for me anyways.

Capture1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom