Unsolicited Chick Piks 😂

ButtonNomies

Songster
Jul 17, 2022
As if Enzo couldn't possibly get any cuter ... introducing his eye patch tht popped up overnight 😍😍 He looks like he's wearing a lil monocle 🧐 😂😂🥰🥰
VideoCapture_20220913-182556.jpg

Robin ... any ideas on colour ID? This lil on is very unusual colouring ... pied? White winged pied? Heavy splash? Grey? Cinnamon? Traditional? It's the tiny sploosh on Robins head thts baffled me and the colouring starts silverish ending in jet black speckled with yellow. White (yellow) extends all round the neck so not a tuxedo as its not a solid splat of colour ... HELP!!! 😂😂
20220915_172928.jpg
20220915_173031.jpg
20220915_173051.jpg

I’ve seen Robin’s patterning called “panda” but looks like a heavy white pied… I think the genetics are roughly what happens when you breed a dotted white to a tuxedo, but don’t quote me!

Coloring looks like wild, or maybe rosetta? Maybe even grou fee? It’s hard to tell from the picture if there’s any brown/red tones there… in this photo the 2 with backs turned are rosetta, and the all dark chick ended up being a grou fee.
D8BD3167-486C-4780-A9C3-CB69F5FBBB77.jpeg

I’ve seen Robin’s patterning called “panda” but looks like a heavy white pied… I think the genetics are roughly what happens when you breed a dotted white to a tuxedo, but don’t quote me!

Coloring looks like wild, or maybe rosetta? Maybe even grou fee? It’s hard to tell from the picture if there’s any brown/red tones there… in this photo the 2 with backs turned are rosetta, and the all dark chick ended up being a grou fee.
View attachment 3264290
Unfortunately Robin is a button quail, so the colours dont translate as they're a different species. But she is staring to feather up like my tuxedo boy Steve, so am deffo thinking red-breasted tuxedo or red-breasted white winged pied xx

Unfortunately Robin is a button quail, so the colours dont translate as they're a different species. But she is staring to feather up like my tuxedo boy Steve, so am deffo thinking red-breasted tuxedo or red-breasted white winged pied xx
Whoa! They really do look identical as babies without a size comparison! 😆 I really assumed buttons came out looking different if they were going to be those more vibrant colors!

Back
Top Bottom