Unsure about county laws/ordinances

JacksonP

In the Brooder
Nov 5, 2018
Hi,

I currently live in unincorporated land that is under county jurisdiction. The only documents I can find relating to Fowl and Livestock are at https://library.municode.com/ca/san...es/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=CH7ANFO_ARTIINGE

Chapter 7 (Animals and Fowl) and Chapter 3 Article II (Livestock and Livestock Products)

Chapter 3 Article ii discusses transportation of meat and animal products, Not talking about any specific livestock. Chapter 7 Article i section 7-9 discusses removal of animal waste. It says

“It shall be unlawful for any person to own or maintain any cage, hutch, aviary, place, property or area in which any animal is kept in an unsanitary manner due to the accumulation of feces, urine, uneaten food or other matter that is harmful to the health, safety or welfare of the animal, other-animals or any human being. ”

Does this mean that there is effectively no regulation as to fowl and other livestock?

The only other relevant regulation pertaining to animals in the Municipal Codes other than cats and dogs is about driving animals on sidewalks where it states:

“It shall be unlawful for any person to ride or drive or cause to be ridden or driven any bovine, horse, mule, burro, sheep, goat or swine on any sidewalk. The term "sidewalk" shall not include any public riding or hiking trail.”

Should I email the county and see about any other relevant information?

Definitely contact the county. I took a look under some of the other articles but didn't see anything, specifically information about setbacks or space requirements for poultry or livestock. I even did a site search but again, nothing specific.

Back
Top Bottom