Unsure of breeds.

I'm confusing myself at this point- hey @The Moonshiner - If we crossed a brahma to something with a single comb, then crossed that cross to something with a single comb, would the offspring of the second cross have a pea or single comb?
50% chance of single comb and 50% chance of a pea/modified pea comb.

So it does look like one parent could be a brahmaxsussex? cross, and one parent could be an orp or something else with a single comb.
I wouldn’t try to guess every breed that is in a mix of mixes. There just too many possibilities and unknowns, especially since the OP doesn’t own the parents of this rooster.

I was not thinking it was a hybrid. Assumed multiple generations of a mixed flock. His stance and size really looks Brahma, that with feathered legs. But yes, the single comb would take two generations to express.

There is so much going on with the coloration I can't see how it is expressed like that as a first generation. BCM X Blue Jersey Giant doesn't work as it would be blue not splash. And is that even splash or is it mottled? Seems too much is going on to be a hybrid. Believe it's multi generation mutt.

Back
Top Bottom