unsure of snowflakes gender *silkie experts needed*

I have silkie cross hens. one is fluffy like yours but has no fluffy head but has a comb the same as yours. I thought that she was a boy and nearly tryed to get rid. My boyfriend told me to wait and make sure it was a boy. I am so glad I waited as she was the first one to lay an egg.

Good luck x

Quote:
im really hoping its a pullet she was born at christmas and my other cockerel from the same hatch (welsummer x) has started crowing and doing the dance, havent seen the silkie do any of this yet!

I know silkie chickens mature slower than other breeds. I waited 3 long months until mine started to lay. I got them from a farmers market and they looked like point of lay. Does your silkie sit down when you go to pet it or does it run off. When mine had matured they would sit down for me to pet them. And they lift their wings a little. This means that she is ready to start laying soon.
fl.gif
Im sending female thoughts to your chicken. Hope its a she x

Quote:
Give your chicken a week or two more it might take longer then a male chicken to mature. It is sooooo fustrating but good luck anyway
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom