Unsure of whats wrong with my prized Rooster

I have a pullet that had this problem where she couldn’t walk or balance, and she didn’t have Mereks. After two months of not walking, she did eventually walk again! Now she’s normal again! He might get sad in the house like mine did, so I put her out in a covered dog X-pen so she could be out in the dirt. If you do have him outside, though, make sure his vent area is clean so he won’t get flystrike! I learned that lesson the hard way. If you have any questions feel free to tag me.

I have a pullet that had this problem where she couldn’t walk or balance, and she didn’t have Mereks. After two months of not walking, she did eventually walk again! Now she’s normal again! He might get sad in the house like mine did, so I put her out in a covered dog X-pen so she could be out in the dirt. If you do have him outside, though, make sure his vent area is clean so he won’t get flystrike! I learned that lesson the hard way. If you have any questions feel free to tag me.

Awesome sauce! Thank you ❤ he seems alright, he doesn't mind the lovins & attention but boy does he talk A LOT & then my other 2 roosters Feathers (white silkie) & Tiny (my banty) reply back & forth.

20201021_125559.jpg

My handsome. He was attacked last month by my other 3 roosters I did have so above his head scared a good one but he healed beautifully & the other 3 roosters were dealt with.

Awesome sauce! Thank you ❤ he seems alright, he doesn't mind the lovins & attention but boy does he talk A LOT & then my other 2 roosters Feathers (white silkie) & Tiny (my banty) reply back & forth.
If I think of anything else I’ll post it! He’s a handsome boy!!
Here are pictures of my girl before and after. I honestly was losing hope but one day she just started trying!
80F650E8-C4B2-44D9-B7BC-191AD0A1B766.jpeg
0AB04855-8DAA-43DF-8E9A-FAD9E70B0B20.jpeg

**Edit Sorry they are sideways, I don’t know how to rotate them. Also the before pic is on the bottom and the after is on top.

If I think of anything else I’ll post it! He’s a handsome boy!!
Here are pictures of my girl before and after. I honestly was losing hope but one day she just started trying!
View attachment 2381766View attachment 2381767
**Edit Sorry they are sideways, I don’t know how to rotate them. Also the before pic is on the bottom and the after is on top.
She's beautiful!! I love these birds of mine!

Keep him confined to reduce his activity. Hopefully it is a sprained or strained leg. Given the problems earlier with your hen, I would still be concerned about the possibility of Marek's.

How is he doing? I just remembered I did some physical therapy with my pullet. I massaged her legs and moved them up and down. I don’t know if it helped, but it’s worth a try!

He's doing wonderful. He's back in the coop/run with the other birds. He was down almost 2 weeks but he's improved significantly. Still has a slight limp but he runs all over the place now. Also, my broody hatched a clutch! 6 babies out of 9, would have had 7 but the last baby sadly passed on day 18 in the shell. & now I've got 4 more eggs on a heating pad till I get my incubator set up. Lord help me lol

He's doing wonderful. He's back in the coop/run with the other birds. He was down almost 2 weeks but he's improved significantly. Still has a slight limp but he runs all over the place now. Also, my broody hatched a clutch! 6 babies out of 9, would have had 7 but the last baby sadly passed on day 18 in the shell. & now I've got 4 more eggs on a heating pad till I get my incubator set up. Lord help me lol
Yay! I’m so glad to hear that he’s doing better! And about the babies!

Back
Top Bottom