Unsure what’s wrong??

@Eggcessive the chicken is eating scrambled eggs and drinking water.
Anything I should be doing??
She’s just hanging out sleeping when I come check on her.
Poop update: I haven’t seen it not absorbed so unsure if this is better or worse.
IMG_5054.jpeg

Do any of the droppings look like egg matter? If the yellow above isn’t bile, it might be egg yolk. It is good that she is still eating for you. Usually laying disorders are eventually fatal, but some people try antibiotics such as amoxicillin (Aqua Mox found online) or enrofloxacin for pigeons. Those will not cure her, but might extend her life some.

Last edited:
Do any of the droppings look like egg matter? If the yellow above isn’t bile, it might be egg yolk. It is good that she is still eating for you. Usually laying disorders are eventually fatal, but some people try antibiotics such as amoxicillin (Aqua Mox found online) or enrofloxacin for pigeons. Those will not cure her, but might extend her life some.
The one above looked kinda eggy? But that’s the only one that’s looked possibly eggy. She eats and drinks her fill for sure. I’m not use to them actually eating/drinking usually once I get a sick one they pass in a day or so completely unexplained not eating and laying down.
But she’s just resting, eating and drinking and very much pooping 😅

Is she molting as well? Tucking her head is showing that she doesn’t feel well. If you should lose her, I would have your state vet do a necropsy to find out what was exactly wrong with her. I hope that she comes out of this illness.

Back
Top Bottom