"Until You Spread Your Wings" ~*~ A Griffin RP (Needs Players!!)

How do you prefer to spell griffin/gryphon? (I'm fine with people using both in this game.)

• Griffin

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Gryphon

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Another way?

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

iluvorpingtons

Songster
7 Years
Sep 22, 2012
Backstage
This roleplay was created in accordance with BYC's rules for RPs. Please respect our staff & fellow roleplayers by abiding by these rules. Thank you for your cooperation.

"An eagle's just another bird...
Until he can spread his wings
A river is just a sheet of ice...
Till winter thaws to spring"

-- Dean Pitchford, Dreamer in Disguise

Welcome to the Valley of Gold-Talon. What was once a beautiful paradise for griffins has become a battlefield. As the struggle to survive grows ever harder, hope grows dim. Only one chance to save Gold-Talon remains...will you, a young griffin born into this hard life, dare to join the quest for returning peace?

Plot:

• The Winter Curse...

The Valley of Gold-Talon was not always such a terrible place. It used to be a griffin haven, the safest home for griffins in the world. Back then, the valley was filled with green forests, and the rivers ran with fresh waters. Sadly, these good days have become nothing but ancient tales to the griffins of today.

One hundred years ago, Gold-Talon was cursed with eternal winter. The prey died and the water sources froze. Unable to obtain enough resources to survive, the griffins had to resort to fighting. Food is now so slim that a war has started over the hunting grounds. Bloody battles are fought every day just so that griffins can feed themselves.

• The Flocks...

Gold-Talon is divided into two main griffin flocks: the Flock of Gray, and the Flock of Red.

The flocks are currently fighting over the forest, because that is where the last of the prey is. The bitter rivalry between the flocks is even older than the curse, and they have been at war for the last century. Griffins in both flocks are trained to be soldiers from the moment they hatch.

• The Prophecy...

Recently, young griffins from both flocks have been receiving strange dreams. If they can succeed in finding each other, uniting the flocks, and ending the war, then the curse will be lifted. Outside the valley, a hidden object is the key to their victory. They will have to work together and overcome many challenges if they wish to find peace.

• The Villains...

Not all of the griffins believe in the prophecy. The Austere are a team of griffins from the Gray Flock who want to end the war by killing all of the griffins in the Red Flock. They will stop at nothing to destroy the prophecy griffins and prevent them from uniting the flocks. If you want, your characters may walk a darker path and join this group instead.

Rules:

• Keep it child-friendly. This is going to be an action packed RP, and there WILL be fight scenes, but do not go into any gross detail about the violence (just think, "would this be okay in a kid's book?" or focus more on the character's emotions than their injuries)
  • Romance is allowed, but it must also be appropriate. Nothing more than the griffin equivalent of human hugs and kisses.
  • All main characters must be griffins (this IS a griffin RP, after all!
    tongue.png
    ).
  • Keep hunting and fighting relatively realistic. Your griffins can't be impossibly strong or skilled; that just isn't fair!
  • Do not kill or cripple another person's character without permission.
  • Please be respectful and have your characters take hits/get weaker/be defeated when it makes sense for them to.
  • In general, your characters should only exchange one blow per post when fighting with other player's characters. This limit helps keep things fair, but you may bend this rule if the other player is okay with it.
  • No cursing. If you want, you can make up your own griffin swear words like "Fizzle Feathers!" or something. Those are a lot funnier, anyway.
  • Your characters cannot have any additional magical talents or powers. (I AM willing to make an exception to this rule if you have ideas that will incorporate this special power into the story. Please PM me first for permission!)
  • Do not change the main plot of the story without permission.
  • Only the Gray and Red flocks for now. No additional flocks will be created.
  • Please wait until your character form(s) have been accepted before RPing with them.
  • Treat all other players with respect. Drama with the BYC staff or other RPers is never acceptable.
  • HAVE FUN!!!

Character Form:

Name:
Team: (Prophecy or Austere? Austeres must be in Gray Flock)
Personality:
Appearance:
Other Notes:

Helpful Links:

Last edited:
Name: Lolek

Flock: Grey flock

Team: (Prophecy or Austere? Austeres must be in Gray Flock)
(Do I have to be prophesy if im not austeres?)
Personality: very perky and friendly, is a hypochondriac, creative

Appearance: grey with bluish spots that look like splatters

Other Notes:ummmmm?????

(I guess you could say that he's neutral if you don't want him on one of the teams, but I'd prefer it if we had the characters in the teams so that they can interact more.)

Name: Miriam
Flock: Red
Team: Prophecy
Personality: Cunning and strategic, prideful and condescending at times, but shows genuine loyalty to friends. She can sometimes be grumpy or strict, especially if she hasn't gotten enough sleep!
Appearance: Muscular wings and a tall, stately built. Her feathers are all black, except on her face, which is patched with white and gray. Her eyes are pale blue.
Other Notes: She's Quill's elder sister by three years and already trained as a soldier for the Red Flock.

Name: Quill
Flock: Red
Personality: Passionate and creative, a hopeful spirit who tends to "think outside the box". He is a fast and clever fighter, but is inexperienced.
Appearance: Rather frumpy in appearance when compared to his sister, but shares her tall and thin physique. Has a slightly smaller stature. His plumage is a lot like Miriam's, black and gray with a white face. His eyes are the same color as Miriam's.
Other Notes: His real name is actually Gomelbery, but he hates it. Everyone calls him by his nickname, Quill.

Name: Terner
Flock: Gray
Team: Austere
Personality: Leader of the Austere, Terner is a cold and ruthless griffin. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants, and will often use force to achieve his goals.
Appearance: Deceptively short, slightly smaller than most griffins, but carries himself with pride. His coat is dark brown and spotted like a leopard's. His eyes are bright green.
Other Notes: N/A

Name: Aileen
Personality: Aileen is a cheerful and talkative griffin. She likes to socialize and works well in a team. Very energetic, but gets frustrated easily. She can also occasionally lose her temper.
Appearance: Her coat is a patchwork of white, ginger, and black, and her eyes are a striking golden color.
Other Notes: Often receives strange dreams, but can't figure out what they mean...

Name: Genam.
Flock: Grey.
Team: Austere.
Personality: Quiet but has fierce loyalty to Terner, she would follow him anywhere, and she obeys him without question.
Appearance: Her coat is pure white with black specks on her wings and deep blue eyes.
Other Notes: I am new to BYC and the roleplays I have read before joining looked interesting, and as this is a new roleplay, I thought it might be a nice place to start since most roleplays have dozens of characters and hundreds of posts i would have to read.

Name: Genam.
Flock: Grey.
Team: Austere.
Personality: Quiet but has fierce loyalty to Terner, she would follow him anywhere, and she obeys him without question.
Appearance: Her coat is pure white with black specks on her wings and deep blue eyes.
Other Notes: I am new to BYC and the roleplays I have read before joining looked interesting, and as this is a new roleplay, I thought it might be a nice place to start since most roleplays have dozens of characters and hundreds of posts i would have to read.
Accepted!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom