unusual comb-not sure what to call it (polish/leghorn cross)

paris_r

Songster
8 Years
Apr 24, 2011
Nolanville TX
so this is what you get when you cross a white leghorn hen with a white crested polish (who had a fine set of 'horns' comb)-its a combination of the single comb, but split. much like I imagine true Houdan (not US ones) combs. anyone know what to call that type?

I realize this an old threat, but wondering what these guys ended up producing like? I've been considering crossing some leghorn into my Polish to help improve laying.
A cross with a leghorn will produce better hybrid layers, I produced hybrid leghorn/easter eggers that did well at laying eggs. I collected data on the flock and statistically analyzed the data, I knew for a fact they were good producers. The hybrids did not produce at the same level as my leghorns but they were close.

If I were you I would produce a white poliish, it would be the easiest to produce, The next easiest to produce would be a self black polish,

It may take a few years to get what you want but with patience and a bunch of chickens, it will pay off in the end.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom