Unusual mill date format

No I am not… Check out the link to other thread. My husband and I figure Purina went Medieval because the Julian Calendar is so nice a numerical for the computer… and some science still use Julian like the Naval Observatory.
I just saw that, and can’t decide whether to laugh, cry or punch something. Computers have been capable of printing letters for quite a while. I don’t buy it. Will be looking for another brand, on principle.

I just saw that, and can’t decide whether to laugh, cry or punch something. Computers have been capable of printing letters for quite a while. I don’t buy it. Will be looking for another brand, on principle.
Well hopefully this is not a government thing… like some one got a bee in their bonnet and decided to dictate the date label system… knock On wood, rub the lucky fill in the object…

You're going to dump a feed that you're (presumably) happy with because you'll have to reference a different calendar to see which day of the year it was milled?

Bit excessive, if you ask me...
It’s not the only feed on the market. If there are other options, then why not? It’s not just about the extra effort, though that’s part of it. I’d do it on principle. I don’t want to support companies that go medieval for no convincing reason and add hurdles into people’s lives. I shouldn’t have to need an app to read a date. We as a society have long moved past medieval calendars. I am not going backwards because of some company’s poorly thought out whim.

Egg cartons in the store still use Julian dates too, fyi.
Not in the stores where I live. They have a 2 digit day and a 3 letter month like civilized people. Other numbers too that I don’t care about and which are fine with me, so long as they also show me a legible date that belongs in the 21st century.

Our wall calendars at work even come with the Julian dates on them in addition to the regular.
The vast majority don’t, unless you specifically look for that.

I don’t deny that there’s a niche fringe of people who still use the julian calendar. Good for them. What I’m saying is that they shouldn’t impose it on the rest of us without providing the widely accepted format along with it.

I shouldn’t have to need an app to read a date. We as a society have long moved past medieval calendars. I am not going backwards because of some company’s poorly thought out whim.
I wouldn't say we have long moved past Julian dates, I just checked my new organizer/day planner and they're included there too. It's not a completely unheard-of system.

I wouldn't say we have long moved past Julian dates, I just checked my new organizer/day planner and they're included there too. It's not a completely unheard-of system.
But it has the normal dates too, doesn’t it? That’s my whole point. Include the normal date, and then add whatever else you want. The Chinese and the Jewish year’s dates for good measure too, I don’t care. It’s the removal of the standard date that’s impractical and annoying, not the use of obscure other formats in itself.

Back
Top Bottom