UPCOMING FLORIDA Swaps/Sales/Shows/Events/Fairs - GEORGIA too

Pics
Hey guys !
I was wondering if any of you BYC'ers were going to the Lake City (Columbia C.) fairgrounds 0ct,30-Nov,7.?
I was planning on going and looking at the chickens and stuff.Just wondering if anyone is going or has entered there chickens.
frow.gif

Quote:
We'll be going...Not entering any birds this time, probably will next year. I think Vickie (sunshinesilkies) and her granddaughter show every year.

we may show...we are also scheduled to show at the North Florida Fair during that time. Wish the organizers would coordinate a little better between their dates so kids wouldn't have to choose!
barnie.gif

Thanks cmom for this post!

Yeah, I'll be showing a few this year at the Columbia Co fair.. Mostly our OE and turkeys. I'm only showing 2 silkies because 2 weeks after that is the show in Inverness...don't want to put too much stress on them by being in a small cage for too long of a period..I'll be showing 7-8 silkies and my OE in Inverness. I love the atmosphere of the county fairs!!! I just don't agree with some of the birds they let enter...the rules say they have to be clean and free of disease. I have seen some that were allowed to enter that were certainly not clean!

ETA: I agree with dixiechick with the timing of the fairs..Makes you choose which to attend/

Last edited:
Quote:
I didn't even realize this was going on! Might have to make a run up there!
lol.png

Kelly,
It's just the Columbia County Fair...the big APA/ABA show is at our fairgrounds is Jan 9-10:D

I have been to several swaps. They are not all the same. Some have had great turnouts and others not to good. My suggestion is, if yoiu are planning to host a swap try to get to at least one good one.

Back
Top Bottom