Update* 10/21 hurt leg better and she laid an egg!!!

Hope you have great success with the Roos!!!!!!! I have three if they could fly I would send them to you!!!!!!!!
Ha ha - the neighbor complains so I cannot keep them but they are not old enough to crow yet! Sad because they are lovely. I am hiding the Legbar roo in the garage!!!!!
I think the other two will end up in the pot as they are MUTTS! Duck and nugget Maran x laghorn and RIR/PR x Leghorn ( looks like a new Hampshire!)

You will probably need to watch your injured hen with the Roos incase they put too much pressure on her when they mount! She should be fine though!!!!

Oesdog

Today when I got home from work and checked on her, there was an egg in the tractor run!! I'm so happy that part of her is OK. I'd stressed about it all week so I feel so much better about her now. Better and better every day and she's so sweet; she loves to be held and have her tummy rubbed. I'll show you a couple of pics but remember, she was in a wire cage before I got her so her feathers look a little worn. Of course, I think she's quite beautiful:
55921_g1.jpg

55921_g4.jpg

I have thought about her and the other roo. We'll see how the dynamics work out and if need be, I'll rehome him. My backyard is big enough for 5 hens and one roo.

Before you try to integrate her with your flock, can you fence off an area in the coop and/or run for her, so they can run side by side, but still cannot get to each other and cannot hurt each other? I usually do not add any other chickens to my existing flock if I have not hatched them out here under a hen or in my incubator, but this is how I always start to integrate them.

The same way I re-integrate chickens, who have been isolated in my "hospital crate" for a while and it has always worked very well. Good luck, it sounds you are on the right path......

Back
Top Bottom