update :14 yr old girl with pet chickens

Quote:
ME TOO - I normally skip the long ones - but that was pretty good writing, I couldn't click my mouse till I was all done!

Quote:
Ok you cant have a meth lab on your property. Sound rediculas(-1sp), but that is what this whole situation boils down to. Like it or not the 14 year old(her parents) broke the law. I want to put a ferris wheel in my front yard and charge the local kids a dollar per ride. Well guess what I am not in a business zoned area and I dont think a ferris wheel is considered aricutural. So IF I were to build my ferris wheel, when the neighbor complained( because I would have it open 24 hours a day) that it was keeping him up at night, the county would come out and shut me down, then give me a citation for operating a business in a residential district, and a citatation for building without a permit, and probably many other citations to go along with those mentioned above.

I hope most of you would think that building the ferris wheel was a nice thing to do for the neighbourhood kids, BUT here is the kicker, there are LAWS against me doint this so unless I want to pay hefty fines it is in my best interest to ABIDE by the LAWS that are in place.

I know boo hoo it was just a couple of chickens, but if you allow chickens where they are not spose to be, why not a pet tiger, or a pig or cow???

See you had to go and dare me. The point I made still stands IF YOU BREAK THE LAW DONT CRY FOWL(PUN INTENDED) WHEN THE CITY/TOWN/STATE STEPS IN AND ENFORCES THE LAW

like the theme song for Berretta, dont do the crime if you cant do the time.

Quote:
Ok you cant have a meth lab on your property. Sound rediculas(-1sp), but that is what this whole situation boils down to. Like it or not the 14 year old(her parents) broke the law. I want to put a ferris wheel in my front yard and charge the local kids a dollar per ride. Well guess what I am not in a business zoned area and I dont think a ferris wheel is considered aricutural. So IF I were to build my ferris wheel, when the neighbor complained( because I would have it open 24 hours a day) that it was keeping him up at night, the county would come out and shut me down, then give me a citation for operating a business in a residential district, and a citatation for building without a permit, and probably many other citations to go along with those mentioned above.

I hope most of you would think that building the ferris wheel was a nice thing to do for the neighbourhood kids, BUT here is the kicker, there are LAWS against me doint this so unless I want to pay hefty fines it is in my best interest to ABIDE by the LAWS that are in place.

I know boo hoo it was just a couple of chickens, but if you allow chickens where they are not spose to be, why not a pet tiger, or a pig or cow???

See you had to go and dare me. The point I made still stands IF YOU BREAK THE LAW DONT CRY FOWL(PUN INTENDED) WHEN THE CITY/TOWN/STATE STEPS IN AND ENFORCES THE LAW

I'm of course talking about my animals hun. I didn't even read all the posts so I'm not "daring you".

Once again...thank God I live in the south!

Last edited:
Quote:
the kicker here is I can have a tiger but not chickens tigers are exotic, the regulations are against agricultural animals

Quote:
the kicker here is I can have a tiger but not chickens tigers are exotic, the regulations are against agricultural animals

I would love to see a picture of your tiger! Not on this thread though...I don't want to highjack it.

Quote:

you do make a point! as soon as someone finds out we were only allowed to have horses and not chickens and donkeys we'll be giving up our extra kritters

Quote:

I would love to see a picture of your tiger! Not on this thread though...I don't want to highjack it.

:lol I don't have a tiger
smile.png
but I could if I wanted

Quote:
then as long as you get the permits and are allowed to have exotic animals you would be OK If I read this right you do not have a TIGER. If however I am not reading this right and you do have a TIGER, please explain all the HOOPS you had to jump through to get/keep your tiger.
If it is a exotic, you need permits for that too. Again you must follow the LAWs that are in place. So I would be willing to bet there are laws in place governing exotic animals wherever you live this is not a North/South thing this is a legality thing, when I lived in the SOUTH they had laws to, maybe that has changed, but I doubt it. Even if your state does not have laws there are Federal laws which must be followed.

was typing when posted saying you dont have a tiger

Last edited:
Quote:

:lol I don't have a tiger
smile.png
but I could if I wanted

LOL I believe everything!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom