**UPDATE** Chick hatched with neck bent looking up

LuvBantums

Songster
Jul 7, 2017
North Carolina
I think I might know what happen, but I'm not 100% sure. So I will need some to tell you the story and get help here if I can save her.
My husband always lets my Seramas out in the mornings since if gets up at the break of dawn. He let them out one morning last week and he heard a chick crying and thought it was under 4 of my broody hens that are in the same box ( yes they do this all the time and there are a lot of empty boxes). Anyway, as he was trying to find the chick to see if it was there and okay.....he took 2 of their eggs out and placed it in the box next to them. When I went out that morning to do my feedings/watering, I notice the 2 eggs in that nest all by themselves. I knew there shouldn't be eggs there and notice that these eggs had already been set on and they felt kind of cold. Well, trying to make a long story short.....I took the 2 eggs to check if there were any kind of life. I seen that both had movement so I put them in the incubator. Well, one hatched last night and when I took it out tonight it was looking up to the sky. I can try and send a picture/video in a few, but I guess what my question is.....do you think it was due to it getting cold for that period of time and can not be saved? Thank you for any help I can get before it will soon need to drink and eat.

I think I might know what happen, but I'm not 100% sure. So I will need some to tell you the story and get help here if I can save her.
My husband always lets my Seramas out in the mornings since if gets up at the break of dawn. He let them out one morning last week and he heard a chick crying and thought it was under 4 of my broody hens that are in the same box ( yes they do this all the time and there are a lot of empty boxes). Anyway, as he was trying to find the chick to see if it was there and okay.....he took 2 of their eggs out and placed it in the box next to them. When I went out that morning to do my feedings/watering, I notice the 2 eggs in that nest all by themselves. I knew there shouldn't be eggs there and notice that these eggs had already been set on and they felt kind of cold. Well, trying to make a long story short.....I took the 2 eggs to check if there were any kind of life. I seen that both had movement so I put them in the incubator. Well, one hatched last night and when I took it out tonight it was looking up to the sky. I can try and send a picture/video in a few, but I guess what my question is.....do you think it was due to it getting cold for that period of time and can not be saved? Thank you for any help I can get before it will soon need to drink and eat.
A video or photos would be helpful.
It does sound like Wry Neck (stargazing, crook neck, etc.) This can be caused by a number of things from Vitamin E deficiency to genetics or poor incubation. All you can do is try some Vitamin E (400IU daily) and B-Complex (1/4tablet daily) to see if it helps.

A video or photos would be helpful.
It does sound like Wry Neck (stargazing, crook neck, etc.) This can be caused by a number of things from Vitamin E deficiency to genetics or poor incubation. All you can do is try some Vitamin E (400IU daily) and B-Complex (1/4tablet daily) to see if it helps.
I'm going to update with photos. I actually put her back in my cabinet incubator over night so she wouldn't get stomped on. I hope you can see it!! it will make your day.....it made mine!!!

I hope I'm doing this right. Well here goes.....I decided since it was late and I didn't have anywhere to put the baby over night, I decided to put her back in our cabinet incubator. This first photos is of the baby last night and the last photo is of her today!!! All I can say is prayers do get answered all the time!!! Thank you Jesus!! Thank y'all for being there again!!
0825192040.jpg
0825192040a.jpg
0826191532.jpg
0825192040.jpg
0825192040a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom