update.....fox attack...

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by shadust1, Nov 18, 2011.

1. shadust1

shadust1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    my boyfriend told me that the foxes that were in our yard were really big....the size of our dog...he is like 100lbs...ewww....pretty sure it was a male n female...he shot at them...he said that with each shot they jumped up into the air and twisted and turned..lol...didnt think he got either one of them....so .....chickens r locked up until after work so we can make better accomodations for my princesses....

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Maybe they were coyotes....Foxes aren't very big......

3. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:Some coyotes can have the same sort of coloring in winter... Too big for a fox I agree.

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Sounds alot like a yote to me. We have both here. Not tooo long ago a coyote got ahold of my cat and di some pretty significant damage, not a month later he killed my other cat and several cats in the neighborhood. By the next weekend the yote had gotten hit by a car, after he was gone the red fox moved in. In the dark he looked like a red fox on steroids, in daylight you could tell the difference alot better. Good luck tryin to get them, I had no luck trying to shoot the one here.

5. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    they are mostly like trapping fox you just have to think a little bigger they are not that hard to catch and get rid off

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by