UPdate from the fair White Crested Polish,

Quote:
wee.gif
...great news...

thank you both...Now another question has popped up....Can I use Frontline after I've already used Seven? I have a $10.00 coupon to blue Seal....
celebrate.gif

One more question, do Polish chicks have more diseases? Easy to contact more?

It's early AM and i haven't had enough coffeee, to think this through... ( we need a lack-of coffee, smily)
thank you again..
Melinda

I don't think Polish are any more susceptible to diseases than other chickens. Mites do like crests, though! So, you do need to keep on top of that issues since creepy crawlies can travel in through wild birds. Don't know if there are any issues with using Frontline after you've used Seven. Send an email to the manufacturers of Frontline through their website. That would give you the most reliable answer, I'd guess.

How is the boy looking now? Best of luck!

Gretchen

Just as everyone else said be extra wary of mites in the crest!

Otherwise the pic looks like normal polish crest development.

I would be wary of keeping him with chickens that aren't crested, even docile breeds. For some reason they don't like that Polish chickens look different and will pick at their crests.

I have always been told that mites go to the vent and the eyes to drink. With crested bird they have a nice place to hide so if you just treat the vent for mites the ones on the head have no need to go to the vent and thats why often you kill the ones at the vent but not the head.

Fair update

Well, Phil ended up Best of Bantam in 4H, but, I guess they missed, the one white tipped feather, on the wing. I left it there, he's still young and I'm thinking that maybe after the first moult, he'll lose it.

In the open show, he got a blue ribbon, but that was it.

Question....He has a partial green feather, on the top of his back..... Does this need to be address too, if he doesn't lose it in the moult?

Thanks for your help everyone...

The judge said that he has a little too much coloring around his face IDK... There's was only one other polish there and it had a lot of black around it's face, it was a standard bird to and won!!!
I think there's a problem with the judging, and I believe it's going to be addressed next year! we'll see....

I'm happy tho... and we love Phil.... There was a guy there that said he has a girl or two for him, so i'm waiting to hear back and see these girls.

thanks again for everyone's help....
Melinda

Fair update

Well, Phil ended up Best of Bantam in 4H, but, I guess they missed, the one white tipped feather, on the wing. I left it there, he's still young and I'm thinking that maybe after the first moult, he'll lose it.

In the open show, he got a blue ribbon, but that was it.

Question....He has a partial green feather, on the top of his back..... Does this need to be address too, if he doesn't lose it in the moult?

Thanks for your help everyone...

The judge said that he has a little too much coloring around his face IDK... There's was only one other polish there and it had a lot of black around it's face, it was a standard bird to and won!!!
I think there's a problem with the judging, and I believe it's going to be addressed next year! we'll see....

I'm happy tho... and we love Phil.... There was a guy there that said he has a girl or two for him, so i'm waiting to hear back and see these girls.

thanks again for everyone's help....
Melinda

Back
Top Bottom