Update** hatching :-D

ZoeS95423

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Okay im a first time hatcher
smile.png

And tomorrow is lock down, so I go pics, not the best quality because they are taken with my cell phone, but is this what they should look like?

87164_photo06161746.jpg

87164_photo06161744_1.jpg

87164_photo06161743_1.jpg

87164_photo06161743.jpg

They all look like this so I only took pics of a few.

Last edited:
http://www.metzerfarms.com/Candling.cfm This site shows great duck candling pics. Also, and I don't know if it matters or not, but I always hold my eggs upright and candle from the top. Day 25 is what my mallard eggs look like. Their mama had an unfortunately accident while the guys were chopping hay last night, so I brought the eggs in and put them in the hatcher. Once hatched they will be transported to a woman who re-integrates animals back into the wild.

Last edited:
They look right on track.
The duckling in the third pic looks like its started to drawdown getting ready for internal pipping.
Most exciting and nerve wracking part coming now.
Good luck and looking forward to seeing your little ducklings in a few more days.

Quote:
Im am so incredibly nervous, I have so many worries like
When do I take the ducklings out?
What if one hatches, and the next one doesnt hatch for like 12 hours? Do I take it out?
How long do I wait to decide that they wont hatch (If they dont all hatch)

I am so nervous :-X

When Do I give them food and water?
How much niacin should I put in their water when they first hatch?

AHHHH!
smile.png

*Trying to stay calm**

First take a nice big deep breath.
Last couple of days are the longest but your doing great.
First you'll notice they'll drawdown. The aircell will drop on one side.
Then small movements can be seen inside along the aircell.
Internal pipping follows.
12-24 hrs later external pipping.
24-48 hatching.
So you have about three days of worry to go.
They can stay in the incubator until dry.
The sounds they make during and after hatching can help synchronize the hatch.
Make sure you keep that humidity up over 60-65% and try not to open the incubator at all after they externally pip.
Good luck and looking forward to some pics in a few days.

The eggs look good!

I have two sets that were going to hatch this week - duck eggs under broody chickens - I don't have any viable eggs left under one.
hit.gif
She kept getting off the nest for long periods even the day before the hatch date. I think the babies died but I'm waiting until tonight to find out. TFrom the other set due tomorrow we had one die in the shell yesterday. One of the others was rocking and rolling. I'm hoping for some babies this weekend.

Good luck with your hatch.

No muscovies are 35 days.

Which I didnt know until I set my eggs. And I have 2 scovie eggs in there, and I fear they wont hatch because of humidity issues, and If my ducklings hatch Im not gunna leave them in there until the muscovie eggs hatch... so Idkk
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom