UPDATE! Her sister is laying but she is not...weeks apart!

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
Ok I have 2 EE's and 2 Brahmas. Both sets were from the same hatch and are the same age (26 wks on Sept 6).

One Brahma started laying on Aug 16 and one EE started laying on Aug 23.

The other EE and Brahma have not started to lay yet. The Brahma looks exactly like the one that is laying, red comb and wattles, but the space beteen her pelvic bones are barely 1 finger. The EE does not even have red in her comb yet and the same thing with her pelvic bone...1 finger.

What gives, I would assume that sisters would be somewhat close to each other when it comes time to start laying. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have sisters too and still waiting for 3 to lay, getting one more egg every once and awhile. So, patience is probably the answer.

However, I'm no expert, but this will bump the thread, too.
cool.png

I have four older sisters. Not one of us "started" at the same time either. Reason being, we are all individuals just like the chickens are individuals.
wink.png

Finally! I caught Ursula the Buff Brahma tearing the heck out of the nest box this afternoon, went back out a couple hours later and BAZINGA!
wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif

82702_ursula_1st_egg_2_9-25.jpg

So now I am only waiting on my LAST chicken to lay (Louise the EE from original post)

82702_louise_9-24.jpg

Back
Top Bottom