UPDATE:More pictures of Babies in The Eddybator

cockadoodlemom

Crowing
16 Years
Feb 25, 2007
Texas
Thanks to all you enablers I just had to have an incubator to hatch my own lil fuzzy chicks!
jumpy.gif
So with lots of hours spent researching on here and help from another BYC'er this is what my hubby built. Thanks Speckledhen for that picture of your turner cause my dh was thinking that but didn't know how he was going to attach the box to something to turn till he saw yours. And Thank you to all who have shared your home made incubators with us
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Here it is next to Little Giant my dad got me

ClaytonEddybator001.jpg

ClaytonEddybator002.jpg

ClaytonEddybator003.jpg
ClaytonEddybator040.jpg

Loaded with our first attempt to hatch
ya.gif
barnie.gif

ClaytonEddybator039.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I would like to comment on is that I think your temps would be more stable if the fan blew across the water. Didn't your PM say the temp was swinging or was it low? I am brain dead right now.

that is one great bator!

THAT"S TERRIFIC! I would love to make my own... but I feel I'm not that skilled... lol. At the moment I will stick to my storebought bators... maybe someday I'll experiment with making my own lol.

MissPrissy-the temps are reading 97.7-101. When we turn the eggs the face away from light and I think that is part of the problem. I just know I am a nervous wreck.

That is great. I'm going to follow this threat and can't wait to see the chicks at the end.

If you have good success I'm going to be showing this to my hubby, who can build anything.

I want to hatch eggs so much but can't afford a 'real' bator.

Thanks everyone for taking time to look and comment. I sure do appreciae it!
Chirpy-DH made ours from leftover R-Max, ductape, picture frame, light bulb, pc fan, scrap wood. We bought the temp gauge, thermostat, and water wiggler.

The only thing I would like to comment on is that I think your temps would be more stable if the fan blew across the water.

What Miss P said!

I had a lot of trouble getting even temperature until I mounted the fan like this

Works great now
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom