Update....New Patio for "Chicken Watching"

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fireguy56, Sep 14, 2011.

1. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi everyone! Just can't stop adding more things to our coop/run setup. Decided to add a solid surface are to chicken watch. Wife's B-Day on Friday, so I thought I'd suprise her with a place to hang out. Did this yesterday. Between spreading sand , running to Home Depot for pavers and laying them...took about 5 hours. Needless to say she was delighted. Plan to add more pavers in front of porch, about 6 more feet wide by the 15 feet length. Proberbly next week. Plus do some more landscaping and mulching. Anyway.....Just thought I'd share this with the folks that have been following our progress and viewing our page.
    Erik

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    I love to see supportive / enabling chicken husbands. She picked well!

3. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG]

4. mtnhens4

mtnhens4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Western NC
    That's VERY nice, it's great to see people enjoying their chickens. I am planning a little viewing area with a bench, thanks for the pictures.

5. rpchris

rpchris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Saint Louis, MO
    Amazing! So what's next? Chicken jacuzzi? Mini-bar? With all that lounging space you may need a fridge nearby. [​IMG]

6. NannaD'sCrazyCoop

NannaD'sCrazyCoop Out Of The Brooder

Quote:X2....

7. Dutchess

Dutchess Chillin' With My Peeps

Just yesterday my DH and I were standing looking at the chickens in the new run we just finished. As we stood there, I thought gee, this would make a nice spot for a patio and couple chairs to watch the chickens! We call it Chicken TV! No reruns! [​IMG]

8. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    mmhmmmm and this was all for "your wife" like when I get my DW Victoria secreats "gear" is for "her" too! ....looks great...I may have to do the same now....I'll do it for my DW also...wink, wink! hahahaha [​IMG]

9. daydreamer

daydreamer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2008
    San Marcos, TX
    I think you just like doing additions so you can post more pictures to make us all jealous again. [​IMG] I LOVE your setup. I look forward to the next installment.

10. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG] love it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by