UPDATE! not paranoid!... keeping RE buyers from casing my place?

I am so sorry about your chocolate turkey. I would definitely get game cams. I would probably also start refusing to show the house and think about moving!

Quote:
x2

you make me nervous, not the potential buyer. calm down.

so much for calm.

that was an expensive bird.
somad.gif

Quote:
yeah, we're looking already.

the owner is waffling on listing with this agent ... her comps aren't what he wanted. so maybe the whole showing thing will go away for a while.

anyway, this hasn't made me rethink my position on being here if they do. X(

just wanted to say thanks everyone... nice to have such excellent support!
hugs.gif

You're luck sounds like mine
roll.png
so I *totally* get where you're coming from & after living in a city I hate & feel constantly on-guard & unsafe in, yeah, I don't trust people just because the chances of something happening are "so small". Not to mention, I'm even more paranoid being an active duty spouse, those times of single-parenting make all the hackles go up no matter the situation. I'm on the look out for my perfect hand gun so I can get my concealed permit before my husband goes out again.

My mother lives in NW MO, out in the boonies-ish & she's had some of the weirdest happenings occur. My grandmother died almost 3yrs ago, lived not far from mom, in an older-person neighborhood (close houses, everyone knew everyone & their patterns, etc) & had people show up & convince the neighbors they were up & up, then proceeded to ran-sack the house of all copper, furnishings, etc. & these people were bold enough to initiate the contact with the neighbors (had to ask them to move their vehicles from the driveway & in front of the house).

My personal feelings regarding dogs is NOT to let people see them. An aware person might be able to narrow down a breed based on the bark, but not knowing what's behind that door really does deter people more than knowing what's there. We had a chow/rott that sounded like he'd rip your throat out if you knocked on the door. As scary as he was to look at (jet black & very scary looking & I was the owner!), I didn't want to risk someone thinking he was 'cool' looking, or for him to mistakenly think such person was allowed here in the future. So he was always locked up in the bedroom. (lol then if anyone asks about him back there, he's half rabid demon mixed with some werewolf ya know
tongue2.gif
)

I'm not sure how I would have handled this, as I likely would have obliged the owner if we were on good terms, but I would probably treat it like you are. But if you've got 6mo on your lease yet & the buyer would have to respect that, I would probably firmly encourage the owner to only allow showings to approved buyers at the very least, or even refuse flat-out if I could. I don't think you're being paranoid, I think you're "making your coop predator-proof from the outset" instead of fixing the problems later- as is always touted on here
old.gif

I'm excited you're getting game cams though! Hopefully it won't be needed, but it would be pretty awesome to nail someone if it came to it!
Good luck!

I was living in a rental one time ithat was for sale, and had the real estate agent show up on my front lawn unscheduled. Boy did I give her an earful.

I am really sorry to hear about your hen. Have to say I would be worried about them coming back for more. How about a nice big "trespassers will be shot" sign?

You were right. Lesson learned.Better to be cautious BEFORE something bad happens. Sorry for your animal loss,and what you must feel knowing someone broke onto your property.That just stinks.

yep, made a report. waiting for the detective to call me back...
spoke with my friend on the sheriff's department, he said sometimes they have rashes of a particular crime and if there's been other turkey thefts, the detective will know...

Back
Top Bottom