update on Ayden...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Dec 27, 2012.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    He came out of surgery fine. they took some m ore scar tissue off his vocal cords. they are gonna let the swelling go down some and tomorrow they will cap his trach and if his o2 stats stay up for 24 hours. saturday they will remove his trach and if he continues to do good he will be home sunday

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good update. [​IMG]

3. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    23 more hours to go. he has been capped for 1 hour o2 stats are at 98 %

4. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    its not looking good. his )2 dropped to 88 % but corrected itself while he was sleeping. if it happeneds again he will go home with his trach

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

6. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    we are at the 10 hour mark and he has not had anymore episodes.... please keep the prayers comming. thank you

7. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    now the scary part. Ayden made it 12 hours.... so he is halfway there... He is asleep now. the episode he had earlier was when he was sleeping so we pray he doesnt do that again... Come on Ayden you can do it...

8. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG] I hope he can get that out.

9. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    baqd news.... 18 hours into it they had to pull the cap.... he was stuggleing to hard to breathe even though his o2 stats stayed up... he is fine when awake but when he is sleeping is when he has issues. dont know what the next step is until the doctor comes in this morning

10. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    the doctor wants to try again. his momma doesnt want to... she still hasnt made up her mind

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by