Update on chick progress!

Harun

Songster
Apr 10, 2021
Hi chicken lovers, Harun here!
I haven't posted any threads in a while so I just thought I'd give my fellow friends an update.

My 7 chicks are doing better than ever! I let them forage outside every day under my watchful eye, I upgraded to a much larger brooder and furthermore an outdoor brooder.

I now have a hanging waterer which sits slightly off the ground so they don't kick pine shavings in it, but not too high to the point where they can't reach it. The temperature in the morning and afternoon is pretty hot so I don't need a heat lamp on, but I do have it on at night.

If they ever get too hot, I have a plastic bin full of dirt which they can bathe and cool off in.

In summary, all the chicks are healthy, vigorous and living happy in a well-deserved larger brooder box.

Hello Harun! So happy to hear your chicks are doing well! What breed(s) are they? And we would love to see pictures, if you have any. :)
I have 4 cream legbars and 3 barred rocks! I'll send pics when I get the chance but right now one of my adult chickens has worms.

Back
Top Bottom