Update on farm fresh, free range egg prices

are there any fellow Iowans out there or someone close to me that can tell me what their prices are?? I am on the east side of the state... I currently sell my eggs for $3.00/doz. but hear some guys in the area selling as low as $2.00 and up to $6.00.

Well here we are in September 2017. My question is what are eggs going for now? if i decide to sell eggs at farmers market.. What is reasonable price but one thats not just giving them away either? Thank Much, Nanny Deb

$2-$2.50/dozen in So IL. Lots of people raise their own chickens in my area and sell eggs. People are hurting for money here (there are jobs, they just don't want to work). Why pay $2/dz when you can go to Kroger or wal-mart and get them for 89-99cents on sale.

Yeah, the price is cheeper but I swear you can tell farm raised eggs from store bought eggs. I am not a fan of hard boiled store bought eggs but the farm raised are so much better.. Wish people understood that.. Before I had access, I didn't understand that, now I would drive miles and pay $ just to get them. Anyway Thanks :) thats the price I was thinking, I just wasnt sure if inflation hit the egg market too.

Back
Top Bottom