Update on my Baby Avery (New Update/Pic)

Awww, she's so cute! I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers that the surgery goes well.
hugs.gif
fl.gif

When my son had his hernia surgery (outpatient, right inguineal hydrocele - in the groin) I was a nervous wreck, but at least I didn't have to see him get stuck at all.

They let me hold him while they gave him a sedative that would make him fall asleep. Once he was pretty out of it, then that is when they took him back for the prep and surgery, so he didn't even know they were sticking him at all.

Since they are already going to put them out, they told me they wait until they are already under the gas before they even place the IV so the baby doesn't know what happened, and they don't have to deal with a squirming, screaming baby - AND they are more likely to get the IV placed right the first time without having to stick them more than once.

When he started to come around, they let me go right back in and he did have the IV still in his arm, but that wasn't a big deal as it was already there.

Good luck with the surgery - I'm sure she will be just fine. I was in absolute terror to let him go back under the anesthesia, but he came through great and we were home with him and he was running around like nothing happened by lunch time that same day.

How precious! Babies are so sweet and innocent!
I hope to be a grandma around June 7th!!
And it is a girl!
My son had pyloric stenosis and had emergency surgery at five weeks old.
He is now and expectant father......I understand the unrest that one goes though in this situation.
I will pray that all goes well.

Avery is beautiful
love.gif

You'll never know how much inner-strength you have for your child until it's time for it !!
You may amaize yourself---God will never put you through anything you can't handle
wink.png

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers
smile.png

She is so cute!! I love the name Avery. If we ever had another little girl, that was the name I wanted. When my son (now 20 months old) was 3.5 weeks old had to be put under 2 different times, at 6 months he was put under to have his adnoids out, and then at 16 months again was put under to have his tounsils removed. It is so hard for them to take your baby, knowing you can't be there with them. Just so you are prepared, the worst part of them going under is them waking up. The drug they give them to wake them up, makes them really red, really hot and sometimes agitated. I wasn't prepared for that and it really freaked me out. Just know that it is normal and doesn't last very long. I will keep your sweet little girl in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Avery had her surgery on April 18th and all went well. She was not allowed to eat from 6am till after her surgery (she ate at about 3pm!) which was very hard, as she eats every two hours!! The most difficult thing was having to hand her over to the Nurse, who was taking her back to surgery. I thought I was going to be able to go back while they "put her under", but they told me no at the last moment.

The only concern during the surgery was that the fallopian tube and intestine were sticking through the muscle wall. BUT, the doctor promised that she would not have any issues when she gets older and wants to have babies.

IMG_0016.jpg

We also picked up our new day old chickes this past tuesday from the local feed store. 1 Columbian Rock X Red male, 7 Columbian Rock X Red females, and 6 R.I. Red X Columbian Rock females.
( http://www.freyshatchery.com/index1.html )
They are always so cute at this age, it's when they get about 14-16 weeks, big and fiesty! I remembered this week why you don't go near chickens with flip flop sandles on! YIKES they love toes.

XOXO
Sarah and Avery

Last edited:
You have a beautiful little girl, and I'm glad the surgery went well. My baby boy, now 44, had double hernia surgery when he was 2 months old. They heal so fast!! He did great, too. Good luck to you and your's...

Back
Top Bottom