Update on my chicks

Averyy

Chirping
Jan 16, 2022
Hi! This is my first time owning chickens, and I wanted to share!

I intended on 2 barnevelders and 2 silkies, after several chicks dying and replacements being bought I've ended up with one older barnevelder, one very little white silkie, one little baby barnie, and a cream legbar that's slightly younger than the big barnevelder.

I've named the legbar Delilah, and she's super cute. She likes exploring the garage or sitting on my hand, and recently I've taught her how to climb out for better or worse lol! I'll take off the chicken wire on the brooder and she'll hop on the waterer, then hop onto the ledge of the bin and from there I carry her around and let her have fun.

The older Barnie was 4 weeks when we got her, she's skittish but we'll work on it. I named her Saphira.

We named the white silkie Odette, and she's loud. Still a guessing game whether she's a girl or boy. :idunno but she's super cute.
I think since the others died and she was with Saphira for a day or two until we picked up more, she's attached and thinks thats her mom. She's loud if Saphira isn't paying her attention or letting her sit under her wing. I caught her running around flapping her wings after she saw the big girls flapping around. She's a favorite to watch.

The younger barnie doesn't have a name yet, and hasn't shown much personality, but she's still young so we'll see.

here are some pics :) I don't have an up to date picture of the silkie, and it's been difficult with the older barnie so I just have these I took the other day.

Attachments

• littlebarnie.jpeg
    littlebarnie.jpeg
    428.6 KB · Views: 6
  • delilah.jpg
    delilah.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 3
Oh my they are SO cute!! Why did other chicks die? Sorry about that!! My Blue Laced Barnevelder is turning 12 weeks, I'm so excited she is absolutely beautiful with purple/teal feathers! Looked just like yours when she was tiny.... :love

Back
Top Bottom