UPDATE on my first incubation

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monita, Oct 8, 2009.

1. monita

monita Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    Shelbyville, Tennessee
    well i went to the local TSC today and bought an incubator so i my banty eggs would have a better chance of hatching. I also bought the automatic turner as well as a hygrometer. Brought all of the stuff home and got everything set up and regulated. Temp at 100 F and humidity fluctuating between 50 and 60%. ready to transfer my eggs. Opened the home made bator and OMG... what a smell... ugh YUCK!!! one of the eggs that i couldn't see through had cracked and leaked nasty green stuff was leaking out. ( thank goodness it didn't explode). i took all of my "good" eggs out and candled them to make sure they were ok and they were so i wiped them down with a warm damp cloth just in case and quickly got them in the new bator so they wouldn't catch a chill. i think they will be ok. i tossed the nasty one as well as the other one that i couldn't see through. i figure i can't risk the lives of the 6 definate live chicks for the sake of one questionable egg so now i am down to 6 eggs due to hatch on 10/19/09 or 10/20/09. wish me luck guys!! [​IMG]

2. briesberrypatch

briesberrypatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2008
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Good luck!!!

3. monita

monita Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    Shelbyville, Tennessee
    thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by