Update on my little corner of the world, I'm having a tough time

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by WriterofWords, Apr 29, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My son and I have known a friend of his since 4th grade, a female, a real sweetheart, who just can't seem to get a fair shake. She was taken away from her mom, drug, alcohol, the whole nine yards during their 4th grade year. She's been bounced from foster to foster, one of them adopted her a couple of years ago and it's not been a good situation. They did it for the state support you get in NM. She's been in band but not allowed to go to the games to march, or be in the concerts, she's been their maid pretty much. She turned 18 not long ago and moved out of their house and in with some friends, that didn't work out too well, no structure, no explanation of rules, so she found herself with nowhere to go and didn't want to tell me what she got herself into. She ended up moving back in with her natural mother who returned to this area recently. She called me yesterday from there, with yelling, screaming, etc, in the background and asked me to pick her up for awhile to get away from it. Without going into too much detail, the cops were involved and it was very ugly, so she's with me for now. She's never had a normal family life, she's nervous, she's also like a puppy who will do anything to make you happy if it means you won't kick her.

Right after I picked her up yesterday we went to the local hangout to get something to eat and a dear friend of mine's husband came in to tell me she has terminal cancer and was given 6 months to live. She was told she had food poisening, then pneumonia, this went on for 3 weeks. Now she's been told it's inoperable go home and die. This is the same thing that happened to Charlie last year, and May 1 is the anniversary of losing him to cancer that was passed off as pneumonia for months.

Between all of this and someone trying to either break in my house or swipe Nugget, I'm a basket case. Just keep us in your thoughts please, and hope it all gets better quick, or I just might lose my mind.

2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

Thank you for taking that poor girl in. [​IMG] Forgive me for not knowing who Charlie is, but [​IMG] for the upcoming "anniversary" of his death. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] for Nugget's safety and well being, and for a long life with you. [​IMG]

3. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] for you. It sure sounds like you need them right now! I'll be sending some prayers up for you as well. Thank you for helping that girl out! It sounds like you could do her a lot of good!

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you, Charlie was a wonderful, wonderful, man who helped my class with their hatches, came in and spoke to them, and when he died he left me all his equipment with the instructions to either use it or sell it and buy what we could use in the classroom. He made a big difference in a lot of kids lives who had never thought of chickens as friends, since they had only seen fighting cocks at home.

5. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    [​IMG] I am sorry things are so hard right now. Hang in there and I will pray for you!

6. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    sounds like she might be getting that fair shake being with you now, I wish you both the best and that she uses it as a stepping stone to a good life one that makes up for the lousy beginings she got. [​IMG] to you for being there for her.

7. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I'm sorry to hear of the trials and tribulations you are going through at this season in your life but know that God loves you and He will see you through this - to everything there is a season. This too shall pass.

Thank you for being there for the young woman who needs a safe place right now. Also spend time with your friend while you still can.

I'll pray for you all.

8. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    [​IMG] Hang in there honey. Hopefully these tough times will pass and things will look brighter soon. [​IMG]

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I appreciate you guys so much. She is trying to get in the Army so she can follow the same path as Steven, she's 10 pounds from her weight now so she might be able to do her basic this summer at the same time Steven does.

10. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Hang in there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by