update on my Quail

mybabychickens

In the Brooder
Jan 5, 2024
Recently I lost some quail to a weasel. I have 9 left. I was inspecting them for injuries, when I noticed something. The weasel seemed to have bit both of my quails wings off! this diagram explains better.
1712002215892.png

That part in red is bit clean off on both wings. He is happy as can be though. He is running around in their pen. Now I guess I don't need to trim his feathers, so he won't fly out of the coop anymore. I don't know how he is still alive. It's all scabbed over now. I guess all name him Nubby. One of his ladies is Naked Nellie because was completely naked because of what looked like mites. One of her legs has been significantly larger than the other since last summer, from what I treated as mites. She was pretty cute in the sweaters I made for her.

Recently I lost some quail to a weasel. I have 9 left. I was inspecting them for injuries, when I noticed something. The weasel seemed to have bit both of my quails wings off! this diagram explains better.
View attachment 3788640
That part in red is bit clean off on both wings. He is happy as can be though. He is running around in their pen. Now I guess I don't need to trim his feathers, so he won't fly out of the coop anymore. I don't know how he is still alive. It's all scabbed over now. I guess all name him Nubby. One of his ladies is Naked Nellie because was completely naked because of what looked like mites. One of her legs has been significantly larger than the other since last summer, from what I treated as mites. She was pretty cute in the sweaters I made for her.
Okay, this I have to see...a quail wearing a sweater!

Glad your Nubby is doing fine. That's horrible what he went through but most poultry is so resilient it's amazing!

Back
Top Bottom