Update on my three new quackers!

OnceYouGoQuack

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 13, 2013
Hi all,

I had posted a couple weeks ago after adopting three baby ducks. I had serious concerns about being a new duck parent, especially since I had a "special duck" with a neck problem...possibly wry neck? I was pleased to have such helpful advice and reassurance from fellow BYC members. Firstly, I would like to apologize for not updating sooner. Also, I had promised pictures in my original post, which I will make good on now:)

Again, thank you to all who read/responded. I am happy to say my babies are doing very well! They are growing so quickly and have nearly outgrown their large brooder box in just under two weeks. My "special duck" is appearing more and more normal daily, I am even having trouble telling him apart now from the other two. After a daily dose of vitamins in their water, he is holding his head up quite nicely, he is a proud little guy:) He has stopped turning in circles when he walks, he seems to get where he is trying to go without much difficulty. Before, he would turn in 5 circles or so before he could get to the food/water dish.

Anyway, I am so excited to be a duck mom and equally excited about joining this great forum for support and advice. I hope be posting more frequently, although the quackers have kept me VERY busy with food/water and bedding changes. :)

Thanks again!!!

Hallelujah!!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom