UPDATE on Page 2 - Storm Moving IN - WORRIED HELP

Quote:
We are middle TN too - same storm system.. I think Im just gonna ignore hubby and go get my girls...

I am in middle TN also. Why didn't I get the memo of storms?

Don't you have a pop door that you can close? We lure ours into the run around dinner time - bribe with scratch or treats and close that door. Then they move into their coop when it is dark and we go out and lock them in by closing the pop door. Safe and sound - both from predators and the weather.

Sorry I missed your note that the ramp pulled up works to close off the door. They should be fine in the coop, but you will worry less if they are in the brooder.

Last edited:
Dang it this is so hard...
roll.png
I keep going back and forth and my husband is just sitting here rolling his eyes and laughing at me
tongue.gif

Ignore hubby and get the girls. There will be plenty of time later for them to learn. Make sure it's safe for you though. I live in Fl. and when we get hurricanes all the girls go in dog crates in the house till the storm has passed.

Mathew - Aren't you getting this crazy wind???.lol Storms are coming in late tonight!!

BeardieMom - Our coop door is on the floor of the coop, they come out on the bottom under the coop! So I would just have to lay something over the opening inside! Hope that makes sence
smile.png

we had a rough storm move through about 7:00 tonight this is my babies 3rd night out. I locked everyone up before the storm. The big girls wasnt too happy, but bet they were after. We had heavy rain 60 mile an hour winds and lightning. I checked them after it calmed down and they were all fine like nothing had happened.

OK so I went out to shut them up in the coop. From the house it looked like they were all inside the coop. I go out and they are huddled in the corner of the coop.. Soooooo.....

100_8926-1.jpg

Everyone is happily in the brooder box in the garage waiting out the storm..
tongue.png

100_8922-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom