Update on rosecomb bantam, would like some advice

20201204_182551.jpg

Attachments

• 20201204_182605.jpg
    20201204_182605.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 0
What do you feed these birds @ColdArtist? Just out of curiosity. :)
We used to give them pellets and mixed it with seeds and corn but lately my brother accidentally bought crumbles instead of pellets so the ratio might be a bit off than usual, we also give them crushed egg shells from boiled eggs we eat and vegetable scraps from vegetables we know are safe for consumption for them.

Other than that we also give them mealworms for protein and our yard is also filled to the brim with worms which they dig up a lot of on a daily.

We also give them fresh water every day and we used to put garlic in it for additional nutrients and immune system support. Today we put some vitamin supplement in their water to see if it would help.

Hope this info helps.

We used to give them pellets and mixed it with seeds and corn but lately my brother accidentally bought crumbles instead of pellets so the ratio might be a bit off than usual, we also give them crushed egg shells from boiled eggs we eat and vegetable scraps from vegetables we know are safe for consumption for them.

Other than that we also give them mealworms for protein and our yard is also filled to the brim with worms which they dig up a lot of on a daily.

We also give them fresh water every day and we used to put garlic in it for additional nutrients and immune system support. Today we put some vitamin supplement in their water to see if it would help.

Hope this info helps.
What is the ratio of feed to corn/scratch if you had to guess? Mixing feed with seeds and corn isn't really a healthy diet. I think its a common misconception that it is, but really, seeds and corn have very very little nutritional value, and are very high in fat. This offsets all the nutrients in the food which can resulting a deficiency. I know deficiencies can cause wry neck which can result in odd behavior, possibly similar to what your experiencing. If I were you, I would remove the corn and scratch and just feed the crumbles. That will have much higher nutritional value.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in supplemental veggies, herbs, and plants to a chickens diet. It think they deliver lots of vital and fresh vitamins and minerals, nutrients, omega 3's, and antioxidants. I just don't think that corn and seeds are one of these.
I hope this helps! If you want to continue feeding corn and scratch, just keep it in the treat category. Treats should only be 10% of the diet, thats about 1 tbsp per bird per day. :)

Last edited:
Do you have Rooster Booster vitamin B complex on hand? I might treat her with that and see if it helps. I'm assuming there is a dosage on the bottle, because I personally don't know and have never used it. It wont hurt even if that isn't the issue.

Do you have Rooster Booster vitamin B complex on hand? I might treat her with that and see if it helps. I'm assuming there is a dosage on the bottle, because I personally don't know and have never used it. It wont hurt even if that isn't the issue.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into that and see if I can find it.

Back
Top Bottom