Update on sick chicks: what else can I do ?

Coccidiosis, high temp, Teflon, Stress.... These are the chick death causes that I can think of. I really hope others jump on here with other ideas. This has to suck for you! But don't give up, it's clear you're doing your best.
I’m going to address these issues best I can. Thank you so much for your tips . I’m PRAYING that at least a small flock pulls through out of the 21 left. Crossing my fingers 🙏
Coccidiosis, high temp, Teflon, Stress.... These are the chick death causes that I can think of. I really hope others jump on here with other ideas. This has to suck for you! But don't give up, it's clear you're doing your best.

Not as likely as Cocci but I'd never not get Mereks vaccine as Mereks is even more deadly.
Sorry, I dont want to terrify you as it's a good chance they ARE vaccinated for Mereks because Rural king sources a large hatchery (not sure which one.) Just to be sure though, maybe call Rural King and tell them what's going on, see if others are having this issue (if they'd tell you,) at the same time.

I called my feed store immediately when I discovered cocci in a bunch of only 5, a few years back. Indeed other people had been calling too so it came the hatchery or happened at the feed store as they were vaccinated for Mereks but not Coccidiosis. Corid fixed them all.

Geeze I'm sorry I'm reading to fast, you did already say that they sourced Hoovers. Okay Hoovers may have alot of fans, but I'm not one of them. Definitely ask Rural King about vaccinations. Often they are to cheap to get that option so the chicks are not vaccinated for Mereks. But again, it could be Cocci they have.

I really appreciate that .. I’ve been telling my fiance I feel alone in this the past few days . Very disheartening .
I was able to take a picture of its last stool coming out :( right after its last death seize. It’s graphic so warning . What can this tell you ?

Attachments

• B4708E16-6A7B-4B3A-A450-18D2739E32C0.jpeg
    B4708E16-6A7B-4B3A-A450-18D2739E32C0.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom