UPDATE!Please help me with a newly hatched chick, I screwed up. Update

Quote:
how long has you humidity been at 85%? I dont know a thing about hatching turkey, but ducks humidity should be higher then chickens, so I'm told. If your humidity has been at 85% only for the last 3 days of the hatch(for the chickens) I would think all is well
smile.png

my humidity has been at 80 for about 14 days. I was scared either way not knowing which reading to use. I candled at day 21 for my ducks and they looked good but I'm still worried.

although I have never incubated duck eggs, I personally would not put them together next time. From what I understand their humidity requirements are much higher than chickens....
I agree, I wouldn't change anything now....

Last edited:
UPDATE ON CHICK I ALMOST LOST, S/he is doing fine she turned out to be buff colored with stripes I will post pics of her later. she is doing all the things I think a little chick should, she did have 2 siblings one died shortly after hatch she was deformed large eye, crossed beak, and lopsided body and never could make it too her feet and died within hrs of hatch. The other little one is kinda funny (off) too. She is acting normal in what she is doing but kinda hobbles on her leg she uses one mostly for balance but it doesn't seem to bend right for her. But other than that she is ok so far. the buff chick is constantly picking at her so i put her in a cracker box in the incubator to try and let her rest instead of racing around trying to get away from bully girl! Anyway when I seperated them all the buff girl does is cry because she wants to be with her, but i think it is better to keep them close but separate till the little one gets stronger? What do you think.? Should i keep them seperated, I sure hope her sib. makes it so they wont be alone as i have no chicks her age to be with. I may go and pick up one little chick for her just in case? Sandy

Back
Top Bottom