UPDATE Putting Keets with chicks. Help

terrilhb

Crowing
11 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Georgia
I have chicks that are 3 and 4 months old. I have keets that are 1 month old. Due to some circumstances we have not been able to get their home completed yet. They are to big for the brooder. Is it possible to put the keets with the chicks successfully? I went through the older threads and did not find the answer. I just don't want the chicks to hurt the keets. Even though the keets are growing really fast. They are about 1/2 the size of my chicks.
fl.gif

Last edited:
The chicks probably will hurt the keets; my chickens always bully the young guineas until the guineas realize the chickens are terrified of them
gig.gif
If you have a cage you can put them in inside the chicken coop that would be best. The keets really need to have some heat (though if you're anything like we are, you have plenty of 'natural' heat right now
th.gif
), so keeping them in a cage will help them stay warm. That should give you time to get the keets' home finished.

When i hatch guineas and chicks i usually put them together no matter what age they are..... Unless the littler guys are being constantly pecked at, usaully they will peck a couple times and that ill be it. So i would try it, currently i have 2 1/2 month old silkies, a 1 month old RIR chick, 5 3 week old guineas, and 7 two day old guineas all together and they are doing fine.
smile.png

The chicks are afraid of the keets.
gig.gif
I have seen it all now. Will update and let you all know what happens. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom