(UPDATE!!) Red not getting better * PSU Replied!

PAchickenlover

Songster
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
York
My hen Red is now loosing color on her comb it is almost pink! I gave her yogurt mixed with some of her food this morning and she did finally eat. But I am worried because she now has a red splotch on her other leg. I also gave her 1/2cc. of pennacillin this morning. She is still panting... All I have as far as pain killers is an asprin powder that is origionally for horses.. What should I do? Please I need any suggestions that you might be able to give me.
hu.gif
:fl

Last edited:
If you have any electrolytes give her some. You could also substitute gatorade mix with some water or pedialyte ( I think people recomend without iron) I hope the Penicillin works. I wish I had some ideas about the cause of her symptoms. I hope she improves.

I'm concerned about the second red splotch. Has the first one drained at all? Have you cleaned it? Can you share a picture of how it looks now? I'm worried that it might have gotten into her bloodstream and has gone systemic. Keeping my fingers crossed that she pulls through!!
fl.gif

98119_red_7-4-11.jpg
This is my Red
98119_reds_right_foot_7-4-11.jpg
This is the origional red "bump or mark"
98119_reds_left_foot_7-4-11.jpg
This is her Left foot and the new red mark. She is acting more active and looking more alert since all I have been doing with her today. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom