(UPDATE - REHOMED!) Iowa chickens needing a home - free

Iowamom

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 19, 2008
Carlisle, Iowa
Well, I have made arrangements to adopt a flock of chickens already today. Seems there are some more that need a new home - 2 hens, 3 chicks, and a rooster. They are located in Traer. I am NOT a chicken expert, but they looked like Barred Rocks from the pictures. Maybe Bantams. Anyone think they can help out? Let me know and I can get you the email address to contact.

Last edited:
Traer is north of Des Moines and I think a little east. I live just outside of Des Moines to the south and mapquest was showing it to be 1 1/2 hours from me.

I'm sorry:( I can not drive that far on a weekday. I hope they find a really great home for them. I really wish I could have helped.

Well, I have sent the contact information to someone who is only 1/2 hour from Traer...we'll see if that works out. I will post an update once a new home is confirmed.

I hope that works out. I'm really sorry I could not help out. I looked it up on yahoo maps and it said it was like 2 hours and 18 min. from me and on a weekday with only one car I wouldn't have been able to make it there until 9pm or later and we just couldn't do that. I'm really really sorry. If my car was working I would have told my mom who cares how far it is I'm driving there to help but sigh it's still broke down.
sad.png

Looks like there are a couple people who can take the chickens, so they should be rehomed very soon. Many thanks to those willing to help out!

Back
Top Bottom