UPDATE! She not looking better.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickenhuntin, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Chickenhuntin

Chickenhuntin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Walworth county, WI
    I gave her a couple days and been giveing her vit-al water sup. (the whole flock.) Trimmed Shat caked feathers. She is constantly drinking rain puddled water. (they fresh water to access all day) And she is lethargic in movement. But will scurry away when I approach her. Her Eyes are White with black pupils. Comb is flopped over. What should I do about this. I don't want to cull if she gets worse, But I may have to.........

2. theCandEs

theCandEs Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2010
    I don't know much, since I'm new, but that sounds like something I read. You need an antibiotic for her. Duramycin-10. It sounds like Infectious Synovitis. Look that up and see if it sounds like what she has.

Good luck!

3. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    Sorry, but update on what?

What is the problem here? Have you posted somewhere else? If you add the link to it or combine this post with it, maybe we can help you better. But with the title of your post and missing information, sorry, I am lost here.

4. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    chickenhuntin, i think we need more information. There's a sticky at the beginning of this thread that will help you know what information we need in order to help you.

5. Chickenhuntin

Chickenhuntin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Walworth county, WI
    I got her from a farm where I got the rest of my chickens. I ended up with a rooster so they exchanged the roo for this bird. And she just lones by herself. She was active and very sprite. Now acts like she is 80. She has been like this for 5 days. When she free ranges she sits under the same tree and doesn't move much. I don't know if she is an old bird or what. But she moves very slow and is not as alert as the rest of the chickens. Very slow motions. I haven't noticed her laying anything. So I don't know what to do. But she will poo sitting down and not even move. Unless there is a threat.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I'd call the previous owner and find out their age, worming history, any other health issues etc...then go from there. Sorry, not much info to go on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by