update to my dog.

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
well, the first one died..he died right after i posted.
we now think the lady behind us poisoned them because our other dog is going through the same thing and its definitely not parvo or distemper. the vet said that nothing could be done, he would either pull through or not. they said they could put him down but i want to give him a chance.
he is horribly sick but the good news is that he is still drinking tons of water and trying to get around..hes lost tons of weight though and i am trying to figure out how to get him to eat. he lays around..and thats it. he will walk a short distance to find a new place to sleep but other than that, hes not doing much else. we are giving him penicillin and i bathed him tonight and wrapped him in a warm blanket out of the dryer..he seemed to like that. when he drinks water though, he throws up a small amount of foam it looks like..
the reason we think its poison is because i had a chicken die with almost the same symptoms the day before the dog got sick and the fact that he died almost immediately. i also keep seeing this lady messing around by the fence when there isnt a reason to be..is there anything else i can do for him? we are going to change our fence so that they cant get back by her fence. i just hope he makes it because i cant even think of losing 2 of my best friends in a matter of days.

If you really believe that she did this, you should be calling the police to file a report.
I'm sure they will question her at the very least and if its true, it might scare her
hu.gif

I'm so sorry about your dogs. Hope she/he gets better. There's not much you can do other than you are doing, time is your friend here.

There is a special place in **** for people who poison animals! It is a crime and should be reported even if you just suspect it.

Follow ANY advice from your vet, document everything - maybe install an outside video camera to watch the fenceline? If she IS poisoning you can call the cops with your "proof".
Ask your vet how much a toxicology screen would cost to run (if your dog does die) - This maybe able to determine what type of toxin was used.
Did he vomit? If so, did the vet see it? Much can be determined from vomit, stool, lab test results, etc. BTW, did your vet test for parvo?
There is so much info to look at in a case like this...
Good luck!

well thats the good thing..my husband has a surveillance camera system that he scavenged from his job that he will be setting up this weekend.
i did call the cops, they said they cant do anything without proof. also..what if im wrong? i mean, i really think its her but i also have the jerk neighbor next to me who didnt like our dogs either.

Take soil samples around your yard/house.
If your neighbor is poisoning your dogs, you can find out what kind and see if there's an antidote.

yeah, i am waiting for all the snow to melt and im going to go back there and check it out..its just really horrible. i am so sad about my dog and worried about this other one..but he is a real fighter! he looks terrible but hes trying to hang on. i hope im wrong about them being poisoned but it really seems that is the only answer here. at least after tomorrow, they wont even go near her yard at least.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom