UPDATED..HELP!!...IT'S HER LEG!! 4 month old Brahma sick....broody??

Thanks everyone! She has eggs/yogurt/buttermilk mash and scarfed it down, so that is good
smile.png
the poor thing hurts so bad she is leaning on her right side not putting any weight on the left side. I will give it a few days and see if she progresses any.

chkn - most definitely
wink.png
I threw a stick at them to get them away from her I was so mad (yet understanding cause that is what chickens do
hmm.png
) she is in the house safe and sound

My 17 week old wyandotte is doing the same thing. No noticable injury, no mites, her vent is fine, but this limping and now limp leg. She has progressed to diarrhea, loss of appetite and drooling. I don't know what to do for her.

Sounds like she got beat up and needs some recovery time. I had this with a peahen a couple weeks ago. She had a really bad limp and wouldn't get up unless I made her move. I put her in a large dog crate in the house for a week in a quiet dark area and she is doing much better now and back with the flock. I found the culprit. A turkey hen who I am rehoming. Just keep her isolated for a few days to a week and see how she is doing. Sounds like you are feeding her fine. As long as she is eating good she should be on the mend. Hope she gets better.

Thanks turkeyrangler, I thinkt that is exactly what is going on. She is in her crate and in our greenroom, so she can rest and recover. I do have one suspect who has always picked on her, but since they have been in the yard that had stopped. I wonder if with a few of them starting to lay there is some friction between some of them. Once she is back in the yard I will be sure to keep a good eye on Firecracker (aka the big fat meanie).

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom