Updated pen and coop pics

Jan 19, 2020
Jacksonville Fl
Hi folks and good evening. So for the time being we’re settled in, the wife, kid, me and the new girls. Had the contractor place some roosts (is that spelled right 🤷🏼‍♂️) and build a better stand for the coop to sit on. These chickens have settled in just fine and from the ~2nd day probably forgotten they were in a new spot.

The store bought coop was for a chicken I wanted to rescue that showed up at the office yard. Turned out it was a rooster 😂. Shows how much I’ve learned since 😉. Anyhow we'll be adding a built coop to the left side soon enough.

7E92D274-D609-47D7-BFC4-C265CD9AA230.jpeg

We’ve gotten 6 eggs so far and not a 100% but think it’s the two I’m calling the RIRs. I take a hard boiled egg to lunch everyday so the first one was sacrificed pretty quick. They are still a little small but hoping they’ll get a little bigger when the chickens are older.

4827BCF9-83F6-4EF3-B3D3-98864AD56DA7.jpeg

Anyhow thanks for the site and have a good night.

David

Do you have a wire flange around the outside of the pen so that nothing can dig in ? Nice set up, and egg size will gradually increase. Glad that things are going well for you and your flock.

Back
Top Bottom