Updated photos of the aviary and birds!!

Matapatos

Songster
10 Years
Jul 12, 2009
Here are some pics I took today of my bird pen!

My mandarins by their pond and nest box!
36549_007.jpg

My Chukar, Z, just cruising around!
36549_009.jpg

My mandarins on the upper pond!
36549_004_3.jpg

This the new pen... Its 14'X16' or 17'. I haven't measured it yet. The grass is just barely coming up. Hope my birds can keep up with it! :)
36549_011.jpg

The whole pen setup... On the right side a 14'X8' pen for whatever, quail next week. In the middle, 14'X24' pen for ducks, home to the madarins now. On the right, an unfinished 14'X16' or 17' pen. Has a 2' deep pond and grass is growing!
36549_014.jpg

Found it, Looks good Travis,
Shoot that grass looks great to me, thats about how they like it, many struggle just to have it, so count yourself lucky there really.
Lookin good though

Thanks for the compliments! I love the area, right in the shadow of those Rocky Mountains! I better get some pics of sunrises and sunsets out on the Great Salt Lake over those same mountains... There is nothing like it.

Aubrey, if you're ever out here we may have to go on a hunt. Its amazing!

Travis

Very nice birds and aviary. I have the same situation! My grass is pretty tall in our aviary too with three pairs and babies....they just don't seem like they are eating it?

Mine pick at it but never do any real damage to it. There are a couple corners without any grass still so I just planted some seed to see if they will let it grow. I'll let you know in a couple weeks.

Travis

Back
Top Bottom