*Updated pics* I Need ideas and advice for coop doors and windows please. We've converted a grapevin

Any ideas, pics, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks! Here are more pics:

inside the unfinished nest box:

Siding started:

Put the pop door between the nests and the roosts so they don't have to track through feces on the way to lay.
Don't forget good ventilation, minimum of 1 sq. ft. per bird.

Put the pop door between the nests and the roosts so they don't have to track through feces on the way to lay.
Don't forget good ventilation, minimum of 1 sq. ft. per bird.

Great idea, thanks!

I was hoping to put the roost along the back wall and the pop door on the left wall toward the front. Will that work? I'm trying to decide if I should do one ore two doors on the front wall with widows in them?

Would 2 doors with built-in windows and hardware cloth be the best option?

Todays progress with picture of last years coop in it!

How may doors/windows??? I was thinking two doors on the front with windows in them?? Any ideas?

Last edited:
caf.gif
Trying to come up with ideas....exausting!!!

I'm a novice, but I think you want at least one door and one window. I'm working on a coop somewhat larger than yours, and it won't have any windows--natural light will come through 2 fixed skylights. It will also have two doors (in addition to the chicken door), for cleaning and access purposes. I plan to use threaded carabiners on all door latches, to keep raccoons from opening them and both nesting boxes--we have a few raccoons in the area, and I've seen how ambidextrous they can be when wanting to get to a food source.

Initially I made them 2 chickens wide so one wouldn't block the doorway but lately I started making mine pretty small like about 18" high, 12" wide.

Back
Top Bottom