Updated pics of my butterscotch call ducklings..

AliciaM

Songster
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Yelm Washington
Here are a few pics of my butterscotch call babies...and one thats not a butterscotch... (what color is she?)

54686_397.jpg

54686_400.jpg

54686_401.jpg

Thanks... Blue Fawn... cool.. I have a blue fawn adult male also... Unrelated... I might set them up as a pair next year..

Also.. Im looking to rehome a couple adults.. Pastel drake.. and black and white female.. and maybe a snowy drake...If anyone from BYC is interested, Id rehome them with no fee.. Just a promise of a good home...Must be in Washington state....

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if any of these ducklings are show quality? Not realy major shows, just like local fairs and such... And if so, how do i get them show ready?

Thanks again.

re: showing -- I've had sort of a similar question. Our local fair has had precious little in the some of the fowl exhibitions I've been to. I think it's great for people to see the amazing variety of ducks and chickens (always one of my favorites when I went as a kid). I have some nice Runner ducks and Silkie, Polish and porcelain d'uccles chickens, but not necessarily show quality. I've been tempted to enter them just to give a bit more variety at the exhibits. Are there any of you who show at local fairs who have an opinion on that?

Not meaning to get off topic - I think these call ducks are gorgeous and I would love for an opportunity to see something like them at our local fair (though I know precious little about actual standards).

Quote:
they are pretty nice type wise and have nice heads, but the color is way off for a butterscotch......
they would do just fine in local fairs.... we show to have a good time and meet lots of people.... kids really enjoy it too.

Back
Top Bottom