Updated Pics Of My Green Peacock!

love.gif

Beautiful 2-year-old green peacock. He won't be have long train until next year.

Alea (Minxfox) will appreciate some pure green peachicks, if you found the breeder who sell the green peahen to you...give the breeder's address & Phone numbers to Alea.

Is Alea (Minxfox) local to the San Antonio, Texas area? I need to wait another week or so before passing on the seller's contact info. His wife just passed away. We are waiting until he calls us so we can pick up a couple more peafowl. I'm a bit new to BYC so not sure how to contact Alea. Can you ask her to contact me.

Yeah I am in Florida and have been quite interested in green peafowl for a while. I just need to make a new pen for greens. I always feel like I am so far away from most of the peafowl breeders I meet on here.

Unfortunately the owner won't ship any of the peafowl. MinxFox, spread the word in your neck of the woods that you're looking for Green. Sometimes it takes a while but you'll find some locally.

I heard of a breeder in Alabama that has two subspecies of greens so I am hopping I can visit them and see their birds. There are maybe two people in the area I could visit and check out their greens. I am really looking for some pure ones so I will be very critical about height and color. Hopefully I will be able to find some nice greens locally that are just as nice as imported greens.
fl.gif

What exactly is considered subspecies? I think it's best to be able to visually see what you are purchasing. Visiting the breeders within driving distance sounds like fun. Hope you get to do it soon.

Yes I agree I like seeing what I am getting in person. I also liked it when I went to go buy Alto how I could choose between him and another peacock his same age. I chose Alto because I could tell he had a fun personality. Sometimes people will catch the bird ahead of time for you so you don't always get to pick and choose.

Well green peafowl have subspecies. There is the Javanese, Indo-Chinese, and the Burmese. There might be more subspecies, there might not be...etc. Javas are the most brilliant of the subspecies with the brightest blue on their wing, then comes the Indo-Chinese, then the Burmese. I prefer the Indo-Chinese because it looks more golden green. The Javas are mainly just green and the Burmese is like an olive color with muter colors. Do I think there could be more subspecies? Well I kind of think there could be at least one more, but who is to say that the variations are not just variations in the species like for example some black bears have brown fur and some have black fur? So who knows...
idunno.gif

All I know is I would love to have some beautiful green peafowl that look like this:
http://thailand-naturfotos.de.tl/Galerie/pic-1001288.htm

http://thailand-naturfotos.de.tl/Galerie/pic-1001272.htm

Thanks MinxFox, I need to get some good pictures of my 3 Green all from different bloodlines. I love each and every one of them and do believe them to be one hundred percent Green. I have one male from 2011 breeding season. He's a beauty but a wild guy. If I'm fortunate enough to get any chicks this season I intend to spend a lot of time with them to tame them down. The pictures are gorgeous. I love the long legs of Green peafowl.

Back
Top Bottom