**UPDATED PICS*Okay AGAIN I am questioning if this chicken is a roo...

How red is his/ her comb and wattles? At 18 weeks I would think a he would be pretty red, but in your photos they look kind of pinkish still.
I had a BA roo who was totally red by 8 weeks AND crowing.

Looks like a girl to me! She'll probably be your first layer.
smile.png

Looks like a big combed girl
smile.png
One of my welsummers has a huge comb like that...maybe bigger and I swore she was a roo until she laid me an egg
lau.gif
Now I can honestly say I think she is a she! what a relief! You will find out soon either way...she is either going to start laying eggs or crowing
wink.png

Her comb is dark pink not red by any means. I see no saddles, no spurs starting the tail looks female, she has not crowed so...I am waiting to see. DH is 'thinking' about letting me keep HIM because afterall those two BAs were bought for HIS eggs. LOL

Oh...I introduced the head honcho of the 18 week old girls, light brahma, to the 1 week old babies. OH she growled at them but did not puff up. She eyed them and decided they were good as long as they stayed in the bathtub! lol

Last edited:
Thats a female for sure and should be laying in the near future. There are no saddle feathers at all and by that age, you should see at least a good start of some.

I thought "pullet" right away, but I have no experience with this breed, either. My opinion stems from the hackle/saddle feathers.

Back
Top Bottom